Golden Range Society
The Golden range Society was formed in 1987 by a small group of seniors interested in having social activities relating specifically to them so that they could continue an active lifestyle. Membership is open to anyone aged 55 and over. Fees are $5.00 per person, due annually in February. The Golden Range Society is an active club, volunteering in the community and doing their part so High Level remains a great place to live.
Objectives of the Golden Range Society
- To provide for the recreation of the members, Seniors aged 55 and over and their families, and to promote and afford opportunity for friendly and social activities.
- To encourage and promote amateur games and exercises.
- To provide a meeting place for the consideration and discussion of questions affecting the interests of the seniors ages 55 and over, and their families.
- To establish and maintain a library and meeting room.
- To Provide all necessary equipment and furniture for carrying on its various objects.
- To provide a centre and suitable meeting place for the various activities of the Seniors aged 55 and over and their families.
President: Jake Bueckert
Vice President: Biruce Bieraugle
Secretary: Naomi Wiebe
Treasurer: Carol Bieraugle
Directors: Pauline Fehr, Fay Rhoades, Peter Martens, Marg Hinson, Debbie Brewster, Michael Watson, Shirley Rechlo
Council Member on Committee: Mayor Crystal McAteer Alternate: Councillor Anderson
- Golden Range Society monthly Meeting - 1st Wednesday of every month 7:00 PM
- Pie & Coffee Fundraiser - 2nd Saturday of every month 1:00 - 4:00 PM
- Potluck Suppers - 3rd Thursday of every month 6:30 PM
- Birthday Celebrations - Last Tuesday of the month 2:00 PM
The High Level Seniors Centre, located next to the Town Office, benefits the entire community. It accommodates 100 people, has an approved kitchen facility, tables & chairs in a hall-like setting and is completely wheelchair accessible. It is available for rent when not in use for Seniors activities. Some restrictions apply, contact any executive for details.
Mailing address: Golden Range Society
High Level, AB T0H 1Z0
Physical Address: 10201 - 105 Avenue
Phone Number: 780-926-4286