Change of Land Use Classification

The different land use categories are described in the Town of High Level Land Use Bylaw No. 1018-21 (PDF). Each lot or parcel within the Town of High Level is designated with a land use classification, also known as Zoning. The zoning classification regulates the type of development permitted for that particular lot/parcel/area. This system allows the Development Authority to create and maintain organized and compatible land uses throughout the Town.

A request can be made to change the land use classification of a specific lot. More information on the application process and procedures for a Change of Land Use is available by contacting the Land Use and Planning office at the Town of High Level.