Health & Safety Policy
Town of High Level Health and Safety Policy 218-07
- The purpose of this policy is to establish a safety program that protects our employees, our facilities, contractors and the general public.
- The Town of High Level believes that safety, accident prevention and the preservation of health are of primary importance in all of our operations.
- Council and Administration will set an example and provide leadership in the Health and Safety Program.
- Employees and contractors at every level are accountable and responsible for the Town of High Level’s safety performance. In order to achieve this, active participation in working towards improved safety conditions at work by everyone, everyday, in every job is necessary.
- The Town shall ensure that the people being supervised are made aware of their responsibilities and duties under the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code, any other applicable Provincial or Federal legislation, as well as the Town of High Level’s Health and Safety Program Manual.
- The Town will provide the resources required for orientation of new employees, job training, safe work procedures and personal protective equipment.
- Employees and contractors at every level must be familiar with the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Code as it pertains to their work.
- The Town will maintain a Work Site Health and Safety Committee. This joint committee made of management and employees will assist in the identification and resolution of health and safety issues in support of a planned occupational health and safety program.
- The Town will make every reasonable effort to provide meaningful employment to any employee who is unable to perform their normal job function as a consequence of injury or illness.
- For the protection of our employees, the public and for the maintenance of our health and safety program, this policy will be reviewed and signed by the Mayor and CAO annually before January 31st.