The Town of High Level Operations Department is responsible for the collection of solid waste within the community. Waste collection is contracted through a local private company that transports the waste to a sanitary landfill.
On December 14th, 2015 Council amended the fee schedules of Bylaw No.889-09, regarding the Waste collection program and physical waste drop off at the Mackenzie Regional Waste Management Commission;
The following changes will be effective March 15th, 2016;
- The residential Curb side pick-up and Tipping Fee will be combined into one fee appearing as Waste Collection.
- One monthly voucher that allows residents to bring one load of residential waste (max 250 kilograms) to the landfill. The vouchers will expire at the end of the following month.
- Voucher will not include white goods (user pay only)
Waste Collection Fee - $15.75
- Includes weekly curb side pick up (4 cans per household)
- Includes Monthly Voucher for up to maximum of 250 kilograms
- Does not include white goods.
For More Information
For more information on waste management, please contact the Town of High Level at 780-926-2201.
Please contact the Mackenzie Regional Waste Management Commission 780-926-2958 for current tipping fee costs or visit there website http://www.mrwmc.ca/.