Deputy Mayor Boyd Langford
2016 - Present
About Deputy Mayor Langford
Boyd Langford was elected to the High Level Town Council in 2016 and is currently the Deputy Mayor.
Other board and community involvement includes both the Assessment and Development Appeal Boards, Northern Alberta Elected Leaders, Regional Economic Development Initiative Northwest Alberta (REDI), Mackenzie Regional Waste Management Commission, Upper Hay Regional Forests Public Advisory Group, Northwest Species at Risk and High Level Oilmen’s Society.
Before moving to High Level in 2016, Boyd was a member of Town Council in Rainbow Lake for 13 years, including five years as Mayor and several others as Deputy Mayor.
While in Rainbow Lake, in addition to some of the organizations listed above, he was a board member of the Mackenzie Municipal Services Agency, served as President of the Rainbow Lake & District Chamber of Commerce, Chaired the Rainbow Lake Victim Services Unit and the Community Advisory Committee. As such, Boyd brings a significant amount of municipal knowledge and experience to the Town of High Level Council.
He is originally from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, and enjoyed a business career in the transportation industry spanning more than 20 years. He attended the University of Saskatchewan for both his B.A. and LL.B. degrees and relocated to northern Alberta in 2001.
In his downtime, Boyd enjoys various motorsports, reading, golfing, and spending time with his significant other, Kelly, and their dog, Baron.
- Assessment Review Board (ARB)
- Upper Hay Regional Forests Public Advisory Group
- Inter- Governmental Negotiation Committee & Regional Sustainability Working Committee
- Inter-Municipal Subdivision and Development Appeal Board
- Mackenzie Regional Charity Golf Committee
- Mackenzie Regional Waste Management Commission
- Northern Alberta Elected Leaders (NAEL)
- Northwest Species at Risk (NWSAR)
- Regional Economic Development Initiative (REDI)
- Subdivision & Development Appeal Board (SDAB)