Deputy Mayor Boyd Langford
2016 - Present
- Downtown Vitalization Committee
- High Level Forestry Public Advisory Group
- Inter- Governmental Negotiation Committee & Regional Sustainability Working Committee
- Land Stewardship Committee
- Mackenzie Regional Charity Golf Committee
- Northern Alberta Elected Leaders (NAEL)
- Regional Economic Development Initiative (REDI)
About Deputy Mayor Langford
My name is Boyd Langford, I am a lawyer and partner in the firm Mathieu Hryniuk LLP. I was born and raised in Saskatoon and obtained my law degree at the University of Saskatchewan. Our family relocated to the Mackenzie Region in 2001 and I served for over 13 years on Town Council in Rainbow Lake.
My interest in municipal politics is to work towards improving the quality of life and services available for our residents. Throughout my time on Council I have had an opportunity to sit on a number of committees dealing with both local and regional issues, and with the upcoming changes to the Municipal Government Act, which mandates regional cooperation and initiatives, I hope to have the opportunity to continue to works towards further improvements. I truly believe that my experience and knowledge of the issues and players within our region will help me to ensure continued growth for both the residents and Town of High Level.