About the Downtown Vitalization committee:
The Vitalization Grant Program was established to provide financial support to local businesses and organizations located in the Downtown Core, who wish to enhance the exterior appearance of their building to meet the Design Guidelines of the Town of High Level.
- To assist local businesses or organizations located in the Downtown Core to make permanent upgrades to their buildings that meet the Design Guidelines of the Town of High Level.
- To assist local businesses and organizations located in the Downtown Core to contribute to the revitalization of the Town of High Level.
- To enhance the quality of life and well-being for the residents of High Level by increasing the aesthetic appeal of the Downtown Core.
- To enhance the pride and profile of the Town of High Level for both residents and visitors alike.
The Council Vitalization Committee shall consist of:
- Three members of Town of High Level Council;
The Chief Administrative Officer and the Development Services Department shall support and provide technical advice and recommendations to the Committee.
The Vitalization Council Committee shall:
- Review applications for the Vitalization Grant.
- Approve or deny applications based on the Town of High Level Design Guidelines and recommendations identified by Development Services Department.
- Impose conditions on the approval as deemed necessary.
- Ensure that the Recommendations Form of the Vitalization Grant is completed.
- Ensure that Development Services Department notifies the Applicant of decision.
Meetings occur as needed.
Councillors on committee: All of Council